Lake District Fell Running Holiday Camp
Our Lake District Fell Running Holiday Camp, is your chance to experience the unique flavour of fell running in the Dunnerdales, the spiritual homeland of fell running, over a long weekend, just a valley away from fell legend, Joss Naylor’s house.
Your guides will be a top local fell runner and experienced mountain runner as well as qualified mountain guide Ceri Rees, who has raced at all levels in the sport and knows the surrounding valleys.
You will spend three nights staying at the beautiful Stephenson Ground Farmhouse in the Duddon Valley and venture off towards Coniston and Eskdale Fells on different days. Previous camps have included dinner on the second night by fell running legend and sheep farmer Joss Naylor who regaled us with some of his running stories and his reflections on fell running.
- Three nights accommodation (Fri, Sat and Sun) in a very amenable, secluded farm house.
- Three days of guided runs (choose how many runs you want to do-we will be taking morning and evening runs) of varying lengths – including one night run.
- All food, home cooked and provided by our own caterers (vegan options are available).
- Your guides will guide you through some route panning and navigation practice and Ceri will talk about living with the godfather of Kenyan distance running Kipchoge Keino in 1992. Having competed in many mountain marathons and ultra events at home and abroad, pick his brains to learn more about the sport.
- An introduction to technique on hills and moving without inhibition.
- Pick up from the nearest train station (please contact us to arrange this)
The cost doesn’t include:
- A pub supper on Sunday afternoon/evening – for those who choose to stay on, we will eat out at a nearby pub
- Pick ups from other locations other than specified.
Stephenson Ground has belonged to the same family for 45 years. It is a cosy five bedroom farmhouse for up to 12 people. You won’t need to bring anything except your running gear and a towel, as these are not provided. All meals will be cooked by our caterer The Kitchen Table using local ingredients.
See our Terms and Conditions