NB: Please note, if we get any further bookings for the Dartmoor Trail Running Spring Camp, we will be hiring Buzzard cottage next door to Heather, which is a slightly bigger venue and includes en suite bathrooms in ten bedrooms.
What you can expect during your Dartmoor Trail Running Spring Camp
Join us on a weekend Dartmoor Trail Running Spring Camp. A running retreat on the southern edge of Dartmoor, based at Blackaddon Barns Farm near Moorhaven. You can learn from a former elite distance and top trail runner, to go off piste and be fully immersed in the rugged landscape of Dartmoor. We want you to feel inspired, reinvigorated, and elated at having completed this fun weekend.
The camp will be led by a former junior national champion, adventure writer and mountain leader, Ceri Rees and another of our qualified, personable guides.
The cost of the camp includes:
- Three nights accommodation (Fri, Sat and Sun) in a very amenable, secluded farm house.
- Three guided runs (or fewer if you want!) of varying lengths – including one night run.
- All food, home cooked.
- Talks based on Ceri’s 30 year’s experience of running, which has included winning English, schools, National Youths and British junior cross country titles before embarking on a slightly different sport of club rugby. Ceri came back to trail in his 30s and can draw on his experience of training with top athletes which including Paula Ratcliffe, Steve Cram and top Zimbabwean runner Williard Chinhanhu, as well as living with the godfather of Kenyan distance running Kipchoge Keino in 1992. Having competed in many mountain marathons and ultra events at home and abroad, pick his brains to learn more about the sport.
- An introduction to training techniques and moving without inhibition.
- Core classes with Joe, where the emphasis is on play and on learning exercises which you can take away and do at home.
- Playful running class focusing on form and running with mindfulness. Includes take away lessons using Anatomy in Motion.
- Transport to and from the camp to Ivybridge (or to Plymouth or Totnes for an additional £10pp).
The cost doesn’t include:
- A pub supper on Sunday afternoon/evening – for those who choose to stay on, we will eat out at Riverford field kitchen.
- Pick ups from other locations other than specified.
See our Terms and Conditions